Email prioritization has been a core feature of ClearContext. For v5, we are reworking message prioritization to make it easier to understand with less setup and processing overhead. Our goal is simple – automatically separate the wheat from the chaff for busy email users. From our perspective, the “wheat” in your Inbox consists of the following:
- Messages from people you know
- Conversations you have participated in
- Email related to your active projects
In v5, we will analyze incoming messages and automatically apply a color-coded categories to the following types of messages:
- from people in your address book
- from Important “VIP” contacts, automatically identified during setup or designated by you
- in threads you’re active in
This represents a fairly significant change from previous releases:
- Color-coded categories are being used in place of our current custom views. This will take better advantage of Outlook’s category coloring and minimize current infrastructure costs when scoring messages.
- Contact priority will be simplified to one setting – either the contact is designated as a VIP or not.
- We will no longer provide views that order messages by priority and/or thread – use Outlook’s native views for this functionality.
- The Topic name, when there is one, will appear in the category field, but will not be written to a special Topic field. This will minimize instances of message conflicts.
The bottom line:
|v4 Inbox||v5 Inbox|
We want to hear from you
As before, we have some questions:
We welcome any additional feedback you have on these changes. Subscribe to this blog for future updates regarding ClearContext v5.
All v4 purchases made after August 1, 2009 and all ClearContext Connect subscribers will receive a complimentary upgrade to v5. If you haven’t already signed up for the v5 beta, send an email to beta at clearcontext dot com. The beta schedule isn’t finalized yet, but we will let you know when a download is available.