Our Features and Support forums are unavailable while we perform maintenance over the weekend. Full functionality will be restored by Monday morning Pacific Standard Time. In the meantime, contact support at clearcontext dot com with questions.
Posts from March 2009.
We just released a minor update to ClearContext for Outlook. v4.6.4 addresses the following:
- Fixed a calendar display issue
- Fixed a problem in the selection of Topic assignment preferences
- Changed the Response Time score to accurately handle low volume
Please download and upgrade at your convenience. This is a complimentary upgrade for all registered v4 customers. You do not need to uninstall prior versions before upgrading.
…or at least it seems that way based on a flurry of articles lately. We've posted about inbox zero and ways to get started before. Today, the guys at 37 Signals made a post on their excellent blog about Highrise and inbox zero and referenced a new inbox zero article in the New York Times.
It's great to see so much focus on inbox zero and email efficiency in general. It's not a big surprise, as people are definitely having to get more done with less resources these days. And getting better at email is one key way they can make that happen.
The 37 Signals post showed how Highrise users can snooze emails to make them go away for a while, which is very useful when aiming for inbox zero. ClearContext Pro users are able to do this by deferring emails and having them return to the inbox whenever they choose.
That's just one of the many features in ClearContext Pro to help quickly process emails.
The New York Times article has a ton of straightforward and useful tips, as well as pointers to some good resources about handling email and achieving inbox zero.
We're especially excited about all of this because of the Email Effectiveness capabilities we're introducing in ClearContext (in both Pro and our free Personal product). Our current release has a sneak preview of these capabilities, including the ability to track your progress towards inbox zero within Outlook. And there's much more coming soon. You can download here and check it out!
Hopefully you're now well on your way to earning your Inbox Zero Nerd Merit Badge!
Today we’re releasing a significant update to ClearContext Personal and Pro. v4.6 is available for download now at www.clearcontext.com. Thanks to everyone for contributing feedback and helping out with the beta program for this release. Please download and let us know what you think!
This release is focused around two main areas of improvement:
- The first is a sneak preview of ClearContext measurement of email statistics, metrics, and effectiveness. We’ve added an Email Scorecard and Stats module inside Outlook as an introduction to this new feature area, but a lot more is coming very soon. Watch the blog for more detail.
- The second focus area is a large set of feature enhancements, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
Here are the highlights for the v4.6.3 production release:
Brand New Features
- Email Scorecard – Learn more here
- Jump to Topic button
- MessageContext and FolderContext on/off preferences
- Notification Managers location
- Toolbar Defaults
- Dashboard Message sorting
- Dashboard Tasks filtering
- FolderContext Sorting Preferences
- Topic Assignment defaults
Compatibility and Performance Improvements
- Sent Messages & Exchange NDR issue fix
- Enhanced Add-in Compatibility
- Asynchronous MessageContext
- Non-Supported Mail File Check (for Oracle Beehive customers and others)
- Performance improvements
For more detail and discussion around this release and a list of additional bug fixes, please see this forum post.
Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the new release!